Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week of 03/15/15-03/21/15 Recap

It has been a busy week for this guy.  But I'm glad it is almost Sunday.  I want my blog to be a recap of some of the events of the week, whether it has to do with collecting cards, the website http://georgebrettcards.weebly.com/, twitter www.twitter.com/gbcardguy, or life in general.

Recap 1: Random(or Unrandom) cards of the day.  
Every weekday on Twitter I do a Random George Brett card of the day, Saturday's are an Unrandom George Brett Card of the Day, and Sundays are an Unrandom Non-George Brett card of the day.  In my weekly recap blog I want to do a quick go back over those cards with a couple thoughts by me. Sundays I choose a non-George Brett card from my collection to high-light.  I mainly collect late 80s and early 90's Royals cards, but some other cards might be highlighted during this time too.  All cards picture will be cards from my personal collection.  During the weekdays I have a random card selected for me that I post.  On Saturday it's my choice, it is very unrandom.  Usually there is something very quirky about the card or it has a good (at least to me) back story.

Sunday March 15th Unrandom Non-George Brett Card of the Day
1983 Perma-Grapgic Credit Cards - Gold #28 Hal McRae

I really like these sets.  I wish that they did more than just the 3 year run and the the gold cards for Brett were so pricey.  I am patiently trying to track down an '82 and '83 gold of his.





Monday March 16th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1984 Star Brett #18 The Quest For .400

Star sets are fun if you collect one particular player, like I do, because that what they do.  They devote an entire set of cards to just one, maybe 2, people.  This set original came in three card panels, I would really like to get another on of these sets just so I can have the complete set in a panel format.
Tuesday March 17th Random George Brett Card of the Day

1993 Ultra #206

I like action shots.  Cards which the players are posed always look a little goofy to me.


Wednesday March 18th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1988 Score #11

My 2 most favorite colors are green and purple.  These have been my favorite colors way before I saw a George Brett rookie card.  

Thursday March 19th Random George Brett Card of the Day
2005 Donruss Greats #30

My main focus of my Brett collection has been cards that were released while he was an active player, but I have recently gotten a fondness for post retirement cards. 

Friday March 20th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1984 All-Star Game Program Inserts #120

This "card" is what I would call a "Non-Card" card.  It's very little and came out of the 1984 All-Star game program.  I almost pulled the trigger on an EBay lot that had a complete the '81, '82, '83, & '84 programs for pretty cheap, but other priorities had to come first.
Saturday March 21th UNRandom George Brett Card of the Day
Panini Stickers #99

This card is what is I would call a "Non-George Brett" Brett card.  What I mean by that is that it isn't technically listed, in most directories, as a Brett card, but has something that is linking it to Brett.  In this case, his Jersey is pictured.





Make sure you check out my daily card posts, usually done in the morning on twitter @gbcardguy.

Recap 2: New Cards added to the collection
I added 9 new cards to the "Unofficial George Brett Card Catalog this week.  They are currently posted on the home page @ http://georgebrettcards.weebly.com/. Make sure you check out the site.  I am currently updating some of the homepage pictures.  I love talking to collectors, whether it is of Brett or other players, feel free to comment on the website or my blog.

Recap 3: Life in General
Its been a long week and happy for the weekend.  I don't know if I will be able to do a recap next week, because my family and I will be on vacation.  I'm not looking forward to the 9 hour card drive (yes it will be me driving), but looking forward to seeing some friends.   

I am very new to blogging, being that this is my second blog, and hoping to get better at it as the weeks go by.  Any helpful information and incite will be helpful.  But for now, this guy is ready for bed...Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment