Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week Recap 4/5/15-4/11/15

First full week back from vacation.  It's been a busy week, but it started off by me getting sick.  I'm much better now.  Let get on with the recap.

Recap 1: Random(or Un-random) cards of the day. 
If you are a follower of mine on twitter you see these every morning.  Sometimes I am able to give a small thought on the cards, but most of the time I do not have enough characters.  Here I can give my thoughts on each of these cards, without character limitations. If you want to see future cards on twitter follow me @gbcardguy on twitter and you can see all of these cards at georgebrettcards.weebly.com.

Sunday, April 5th Unrandom Non-George Brett Card of the Day
1974 O-Pee-Chee #604

What's not to love about vintage OPC cards.  Also its a Frank White rookie card.  Royals lovers will tell you that if defense was a the major factor of the Hall of Fame, he would probably be in it.







Monday, April 6th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1986 Sportflics #64

One of my favorite brand of cards.  3 cards in 1.  If you saw my last blog "The Top Ten Variation Cards" you would have saw that I listed the 1987 Sportflics variation as my number 1.



Tuesday, April 7th Random George Brett Card of the Day
2002 Fleer Fall Classics #93

2 of the best 3rd baseman's ever.  I'm sure others will disagree.  As stated in previous blogs, the early to mid-2000s Brett cards, are not well represented in my collection.  It is an era that I taking a hard look to expanding.

Wednesday, April 8th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1992 Pinnacle Rookie Idols #3

I am not sure why this card is listed for so much money.  Gary Cooper, although he had a good minor league career, his major league career was less than a month.


Thursday, April 9th Random George Brett Card of the Day
1981 Donruss #100

It's the first year of Donruss.  To what some call the beginning to the downfall of the baseball cards.  I know in the early 80s times were different, but it still amazes me that no one had any problems putting out cards with players having a big piece of chaw in his cheek.




Friday, April 10th Random George Brett Card of the Day
2005 Leaf Certified Materials #193
What's up with the "5", it looks weird.  I actual have a good selections of 2005 cards.  With several serial numbered cards and a bat card.







Saturday, April 11th Unrandom George Brett Card of the Day
1981 Ted Watts Postcards

Some might not consider this a card, but I will.  There is actual 2 variations of this card.  This one has black ink on the back.  I am on the hunt for one with brown ink on the back.  Their on eBay, but I'm waiting for one in a price that I'm willing to pay.

Recap 2: New cards added to the collection
Only 3 new Brett cards added this week.  But I am excited for the 3 I got, 2 variations and 1 panel.  You can see them on my front front page of my website georgebrettcards.weebly.com. I do have a 1987 Topps hardback sticker on the way.  I'll get it posted when it arrives.  But I have started collecting 2015 Topps Series 1 cards.  I haven't bought a pack of cards since I was in middle school.  It is fun opening up packs and being surprised what's inside.  I have over 80% of the base cards and several of the related set cards.  I will probably be putting them up for sale sometime.  Not sure which site to put them on.  EBay is the most popular, but since I have been on Twitter I have seen several other areas to sell.  If anyone reading this has any suggestions, let me know.

Recap 3: Life in general 
This week I am a bachelor.  My wife is helping her mother to recover from a knee surgery and our kids are at my moms.  I should get to the honey-do list, but motivation right now is pretty low.  I think it will get done eventually, but for now, this guy is ready for bed...Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment