Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

8 Month Hiatus

It has been over 8 months since this guy's last blog.  For the month of March to mid April I was active daily on twitter, 2 blogs a week and updating my website almost weekly.  Then it all stopped.  What happened?  I can make a lot of excuses, some are even good.   But instead of making excuses, I am choosing to do an update of what has been happening to GBCardGuy.  In a simple word, Life!  As I said in my first blog "I am a husband, father, employee & when there is time and money left, finally a card collector."  Well those first 4 things I decided were more important than card collecting.  I still collect George Brett cards and I still have been updating "The Unofficial George Brett Card Database", which currently has 960 uploaded cards and counting; but the fire to go all out on the "social media" has died way down.  Don't get me wrong I loved it.  Doing the daily random card posts on twitter, giving my thoughts on them and doing a couple of Top Tens in this blog for however short a time I did them was fun.  But it started to be an obsession to me and I allow it to take, for a short time, my time away from what was really important to me.  Now 8 months later, I have thought a lot about getting back into it, but on a much lower level and making it fun again.  Not sure what it would exactly look like, but I plan on having fun with it.  I know that this post is fairly short, hopefully I will have a longer one soon with my thoughts on some new (and old) cards.  I just bought a very rare George Brett card on ebay and I'm very excited to get it here.  I will probably do a special blog for it.  But for now, it's late and this guy is ready for bed.  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment