Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Random & Reflection #1

Good morning all. Yesterday's blog I talked about a new format and here it is.  I am calling it Random & Reflection.  It consists of 2 parts: the random, which is a randomly picked George Brett card with my thoughts, and the Reflection, which are my thoughts on the Bible verse of the day from Biblegateway.com. So without further ado. 

The Random

1988 Topps Sticker George Brett #259 w/Mark Langston #63 on the back


These sticker cards are 2 cards in one.  I love cards that have variations and the 1988 sticker cards had several for Brett, because he had both a sticker and a sticker back variation.  Each variation has several different players on the opposite sides.  I don't know much about Mark Lanston, but I bet this has to be one of the most collected of his cards.  

"Way to piggy back off of George's success, Mark.  My hats off to you!"

The Reflection

Colossians 3:12-13 HCSB
 12 Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, 13 accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive.

Whenever you see the word “therefore” in scripture, you have to look at what it is “there for”.  This is pointing back to the earlier passages stating that we are new person in Christ and should not want to go back to the way we were because of what Christ has done for us.  In Gods eyes, His followers do not have geographical, geopolitical, or social boundaries.  He sees them as His children and we should see them the same way, but our flesh keeps pulling us back to our bad habits. 

When as followers of Christ will we stop using our flesh as an excuse?  We are told to put off the old self, because we are new.  We are different!  One of non-Christians biggest complaints against Christians are that they are fakes.  They go into church and act all high and mighty, but outside of the church walls they talk, walk, and act just like everyone else as if Christ has made no change in our lives.  

My challenge to myself, and to you if you are reading, is to put on the heartfelt self to others, just as Christ did for me.  Not because they are deserving of it, because I am worthy of what Christ did for me, but because I have Christ in me.

Have a wonderful, blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment