Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Random & Reflection #2

Good afternoon all. I have the day off today and enjoying some very hot and humid R&R.  Some might call it rest & relaxation. I am calling it Random & Reflection.  

The Random

1986 Donruss Pop-Ups #12 George Brett – card size is 2.5”x5”

I have always been fascinated with these types of cards that were design with the intension to not stay in the standard flat card format.  Interestingly, when I first got back into collecting I bought a huge lot of George Brett cards and there were 2 or 3 of these cards in there, but they had all had there tops cut off so they would fit in a standard size card holder.  I still have one of the cut off cards, but shortly after I realized that there was something missing got the real thing. 

The Reflection

Psalms 46:10
“Stop your fighting—and know that I am God, exalted among the nations, exalted on the earth.”

I think we all have this feeling of fighting a losing battle.  Whether it is with our children, our work, our spouse, or even our government.  As a people, we enjoy putting the weight of the world on our shoulders and then even more enjoy complaining that our burden, put there by ourselves, is too heavy to bear.  Chapter 46 starts with the phrase; “God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble.” But when trouble comes, we like to take on the trouble ourselves first.  When we can’t fix the trouble, we like to blame it on anything and everything.  Finally blaming God for the trouble, as well as blaming Him for the additional troubles that we added to the initial trouble.  When all we needed to do was go to God first.  This verse says STOP FIGHTING! Stop trusting in your own power.  It is only going to fail you and make things worse.  God says, “Know that I am God.  Know that I was at the beginning of this, I am in the middle of this, and I will see you through this, but no matter where you are in this struggle, if you seek Me, I will always be found!”

That’s a great reminder that if we seek Him, He will always be found.  God does not hide Himself, but many times He will not reveal Himself to us unless we want to find Him.


Have a great, blessed day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment