Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Random & Reflection #4

Happy Day Off Day!  Everyone needs a day off every once and a while.  A day off helps you remember why you work so hard the rest of the week.   The older I get, the more I appreciate day off naps.  But until it’s nap time, how about some R&R.

The Random

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Mini A& G Back #159

 
This card was added to the collect fairly recently.  The Allen & Ginter’s sets have a cool, vintage concept.  I wonder if anyone, other than collectors, knew that Allen & Ginter used to be a tobacco company.  I'm surprised parents aren't outraged.  Hmm...it has been 126 years since they rolled their last cigarette, so I guess the term “too soon” does not apply here.

The Reflection

Proverbs 23:24
The father of a righteous son will rejoice greatly, and one who fathers a wise son will delight in him.

One thing to remember with Proverbs is that they are generalities, not promises.  I think that we get hung up on a lot of Proverbs and hold them as dear promises from God and when they don’t happen like they are written we get angry with God.  With that being said, many Christian parents raise their kids to be kids of Christian parents rather than with the vision of them being Godly adults.  That’s one of the things that I pray for my children the most, that they would grow to be Godly adults.  Meaning, that one day my kids are going to leave our house and go out to this big world outside of the protection mom and dad.  My prayer is when this happens, that they will not just remember what they have been taught, but it is a part of their lives and they live what they were taught.   When I see that, I will rejoice not in my child’s abilities, but in what God has done in my their life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment