Just a guy and his thoughts about his cards, his website and life.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Random & Reflection #7

My wife and kids are out of town for the weekend.  For some men this is a time to party, hang out with the guys, or cross off some items from the honey-do list.  I choose to do some R&R.

The Random

 2013 Topps Chasing History Holofoil #CH23


It took me a little while to understand the difference between this card and the standard card.  From afar they are very similar, to see the difference you have to hold them closely to your eyes and tilt the card from side to side.  Then you can see the holofoil.

The Reflection

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one.

It’s amazing how many of the passages that I have been reflecting on have been about how God’s strength is far greater than mine and how I need to stop trusting in my own abilities and trust only in God’s.  I could blame biblegateway.com, because that is where I am getting the verses, but I am sure it is God gently nudging or slapping me in the back of the head to try and get my attention.   I have no chance against the power of Satan on my own.  He knows my weaknesses, better than I do.  If we trust and follow God, He is faithful to us.  This passage says that He will strengthen and guard us.  What it doesn’t say is that the evil one will go away.  If God just sent the evil one away, why would we need Him to strengthen and guard us?  God does not want a once and forget it relationship with us, He wants us to put our lives in His hands, trusting that he will be faithful and lead us to wherever  He has set before us.

Have a great, blessed day.    

Check out my website at http://georgebrettcards.weebly.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment